- No More Homeless Pets, a Gainesville nonprofit animal clinic, is approaching its 15,000th surgery. The clinic has offered discounted spaying and neutering since 2009.
- A Gainesville man was shot in the head Tuesday from about two feet away during an argument. Dominic Gillins was charged with attempted murder.
- Samoa Air, which has been using its weight-based pricing model since November 2012, is charging its passengers by weight for international flights.
- Pope Francis commented on the role of women in the Catholic Church Wednesday.
- About 480 students were hospitalized following a massive outbreak of food poisoning in Cairo.
A school bus in Orlando crashes sending three students to the hospital. That and more in 90 seconds.