- Dunnellon resident Michelle Bedillion has been charged with domestic aggravated battery and arson for attacking her husband with household items and using cooking oil to light a house fire, investigators said.
- Gainesville Mayor, Craig Lowe, made his first campaign appearance Monday since being arrested for suspicion of DUI. Lowe and his opponent, Ed Braddy, debated on a number of topics during the African American Accountability Alliance forum.
- The small town of Nelson, Ga., is requiring each household to own a gun and ammunition, unless residents don’t want to. City council members hope the ordinance will prevent crime.
- North Korea restarted a nuclear reactor that could create nuclear fuel for weapons, causing the United States to send a destroyer to North Korea as a precautionary measure.
- Jury selection in the wrongful death case of Michael Jackson begins Tuesday. Jackson’s mother is suing AEG Live for negligence, saying the company pushed Jackson too hard.
A nightclub shooting in Fort Myers has left 17 injured and two dead. That and more in 90 seconds.