- Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe was arrested and charged with DUI Thursday after a single-car crash, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
- Smoke from a debris fire may affect visibility on state Road 121 and U.S. Route 441 for the next several days.
- For the second year in a row, Alachua County lead the state in recycling with a 50-percent recycling rate.
- University of Florida researchers have identified a gene that allows corn to grow in acidic soil.
- A Pennsylvania man jailed for a murder he didn’t commit was released Thursday after the FBI used facial-recognition software to determine that the murderer was much taller than him.
A Marion County woman is not being charged for the shooting death of her husband. That and more in 90 seconds.