- Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe was arrested and charged with DUI Thursday after a single-car crash, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
- Smoke from a debris fire may affect visibility on state Road 121 and U.S. Route 441 for the next several days.
- For the second year in a row, Alachua County lead the state in recycling with a 50-percent recycling rate.
- University of Florida researchers have identified a gene that allows corn to grow in acidic soil.
- A Pennsylvania man jailed for a murder he didn’t commit was released Thursday after the FBI used facial-recognition software to determine that the murderer was much taller than him.
The city of Gainesville will remove the criminal condition history check box from its city employment application. That and more in 90 seconds.