- There will be a runoff election for Gainesville mayor between incumbent Craig Lowe and Ed Braddy on April 16. Randy Wells won re-election for city commissioner.
- Santa Fe College and Broward Community College were among the top 10 finalists for the Aspen Institute’s annual prize of Community College Excellence.
- New information in the University of Central Florida suicide case suggests that 30-year-old James Seevakumaran was planning a mass murder.
- Police in McAllen, Texas, made a record-breaking drug bust of cocaine and heroine.
- President Obama arrived in Israel Wednesday morning in his first trip to the country since his presidency.
The city of Gainesville will remove the criminal condition history check box from its city employment application. That and more in 90 seconds.