- There will be a runoff election for Gainesville mayor between incumbent Craig Lowe and Ed Braddy on April 16. Randy Wells won re-election for city commissioner.
- Santa Fe College and Broward Community College were among the top 10 finalists for the Aspen Institute’s annual prize of Community College Excellence.
- New information in the University of Central Florida suicide case suggests that 30-year-old James Seevakumaran was planning a mass murder.
- Police in McAllen, Texas, made a record-breaking drug bust of cocaine and heroine.
- President Obama arrived in Israel Wednesday morning in his first trip to the country since his presidency.
A scaffolding collapse in Hollywood, Florida left one man dead and others suspended mid-air yesterday. That and more in 90 seconds.