- As part of the sequester cuts, Alachua County programs such as ElderCare and University of Florida research may lose funding.
- A double amputee Marine from Jacksonville has launched Wounded Wear, a non-profit line of clothing for wounded combat veterans.
- A New Mexico teen has been charged with aggravated assault for bullying an autistic 16-year-old while pointing a gun at his head.
- Secretary of State John Kerry announced that the U.S. will provide non-lethal aid to Syrian opposition.
- Thursday, Pope Benedict XVI becomes the first pope to resign in 600 years.
A massive sinkhole opens under a Florida home. That and more in 90 seconds.