- A prescribed burn is taking place at Paynes Prairie. About 750 acres will be burned and will be ignited by a helicopter.
- Gainesville’s Public Works Department plans to begin cleaning up Tumblin Creek along Southwest 13th Street by the end of this year.
- Businesses in the Stadium Club near the University of Florida are beginning to open.
- If Congress doesn’t act, spending cuts of $85 billion could cause 750,000 people to lose their jobs.
- Japanese investigators have indentified the causes of problems in Boeing 787 Dreamliner jets. An oil leak was caused by an improper paint job, inadequate taping led to cracking in cockpit glass and a faulty part lead to braking problems.
Crash investigators in Colombia are analyzing data on flight recorders from the charter plane that went down killing 71. That and more in 90 seconds.