- Two University of Florida students are being treated for broken bones at Shands at the University of Florida after being hit at a crosswalk at SW 62nd Boulevard.
- An endangered sea turtle is in SeaWorld’s care after being found tangled in fishing line. The turtle was discovered in Port Canaveral and officials believe it may have swallowed a fishing hook.
- Florida lawmakers are looking to close a loophole in the state’s alcohol laws. Right now, it’s against the law for adults to serve alcohol to minors in their homes, but it doesn’t prohibit other locations like state parks. If the legislation passes, adults who are caught giving alcohol to minors would face fines and jail time.
- American Airlines and US Airways are merging. The new airline will be named American, and have more than 4,000 flights, 900 planes and 95,000 employees. No changes will be made until American’s bankruptcy judge approves the merger.
- Singers in the Philippines are finding a unique way to deliver valentines to loved ones from a distance. With 10 percent of the country’s population working abroad, homesick Filipinos can send singers to serenade their spouses, girlfriends and boyfriends. A serenade package costs $100.
Obama is the third president to travel to Vietnam and lifts half-century ban on selling arms to Vietnam. That and more in 90 seconds.