- Crevasse’s Florist of Gainesville is saying that deliveries are up for their business this year, but walk-in traffic was down Thursday morning, likely because of the rain. Roses and other floral arrangements are being delivered throughout the day.
- The European National Food Agency is demanding increased DNA testing after traces of horse meat were found in meat products in Ireland, Sweden and Germany.
- More than 120 couples in Taiwan celebrated a century-old Valentine’s Day tradition with releasing heart-shaped love lanterns into the sky. Many released the lanterns with prayers and messages of love on them, symbolizing wishes being sent to heaven.
- Four couples are still going strong in Thailand, breaking the world record of 50 hours and 25 minutes for the longest kiss. The winning couple will receive $3,300, two diamond rings and a free vacation.
- Double-amputee Olympian Oscar Pistorius was spotted leaving a South African police station Thursday after being questioned over the shooting death of his girlfriend. Police said 30-year-old Reeva Steenkamp was found dead at the athlete’s home and a murder case is being opened against him.
Crash investigators in Colombia are analyzing data on flight recorders from the charter plane that went down killing 71. That and more in 90 seconds.