- Crevasse’s Florist of Gainesville is saying that deliveries are up for their business this year, but walk-in traffic was down Thursday morning, likely because of the rain. Roses and other floral arrangements are being delivered throughout the day.
- The European National Food Agency is demanding increased DNA testing after traces of horse meat were found in meat products in Ireland, Sweden and Germany.
- More than 120 couples in Taiwan celebrated a century-old Valentine’s Day tradition with releasing heart-shaped love lanterns into the sky. Many released the lanterns with prayers and messages of love on them, symbolizing wishes being sent to heaven.
- Four couples are still going strong in Thailand, breaking the world record of 50 hours and 25 minutes for the longest kiss. The winning couple will receive $3,300, two diamond rings and a free vacation.
- Double-amputee Olympian Oscar Pistorius was spotted leaving a South African police station Thursday after being questioned over the shooting death of his girlfriend. Police said 30-year-old Reeva Steenkamp was found dead at the athlete’s home and a murder case is being opened against him.
A U.S. Soldier is identified as one of two Americans killed in Afganistan. That and more in 90 seconds. Morning News in 90, October 21, 2016/ WUFT News --