- A candlelight vigil is planned for Tuesday night, the 12th anniversary of Gainesville police officer Scott Baird’s death.
- Shands at the University of Florida is constructing a short-term guesthouse for friends and family of patients to open next year.
- An inmate who was being transported to Las Vegas stabbed a Miami-Dade police officer and escaped during a stop in Texas.
- North Korea says its nuclear tests were a reaction to the U.S. undermining its right to launch peaceful satellites.
- Two Buchholz High School seniors have been named Florida’s winners of the Siemens Awards for Advanced Placement, which recognizes achievement in math and science.
The "Pokemon Go" app was linked to a shooting when a Florida homeowner mistook two teens for burglars. That and more in 90 seconds.