- Gainesville Regional Airport is gathering input from passengers on whether to add a direct flight to New York City. The survey is available on the airport’s website.
- The University of Florida’s Bateman Team launched its “Spot It, Stop It!” campaign to tackle bullying in and out of schools.
- A Florida Senate panel approved a measure that would require online retailers to collect the state’s 6 percent sales tax.
- The Boy Scouts of America’s board votes today on lifting the ban on gay members and leaders. The policy would leave the decision to individual troops.
- Cpl. Robert Archer, a soldier who died in North Korea in 1951 as a prisoner of war, was returned to his Indiana home more than 60 years later. He will be laid to rest Saturday with full military honors.
- Australia’s highest court sided with Google and overturned a federal ruling that stated Google used deceptive conduct to mislead Internet users. Google didn’t sponsor the misleading links, but provided misleading content by the advertisers.
A nightclub shooting in Fort Myers has left 17 injured and two dead. That and more in 90 seconds.