- Ocala and Marion counties officials approved an incentives package for FedEx for more than $3 million. The company wants to construct a hub facility that would be completed in 2016.
- Progress Energy will be closing its Crystal River nuclear power plant. Final decontamination and dismantling could take up to 40 to 60 years.
- The Gainesville band, Sister Hazel, performed on the inaugural episode of a new University of Florida radio show, The Conversation, in the College of Journalism and Communications.
- Attendance at the University of Florida’s Career Showcase broke records on Feb. 5. Students will see an 8 percent increase in employers at the Technical Day Feb. 6.
- The Pentagon is expected to make a formal announcement on extending benefits to same-sex partners of service members. Benefits could include some health and welfare programs.
Crash investigators in Colombia are analyzing data on flight recorders from the charter plane that went down killing 71. That and more in 90 seconds.