Ocala Waffle House temporarily closed after fire
Five diners and six employees in the Waffle House at 3871 SW College Road in Ocala were evacuated Tuesday morning after a grill caught fire.
There were no reported injuries.
According to Captain Ed Raulerson, Ocala Fire Rescue responded at 10:55 a.m. to extinguish the small fire.
After cleanup is completed, health department officials will determine when the restaurant can reopen.
More Stories in Local
Veterans who suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder may face obstacles during the holiday weekend. Military With PTSD, a nonprofit organization, has started a campaign to help educate people about the effects of fireworks on people with PTSD.
Protesters seeking to remove the downtown statue of the Confederate soldier spoke to city officials for the first time since the campaign began in late June. This is the first of several efforts that will go on over the next two weeks among protesters who call for the County Commission to take down the statue.
Grace Marketplace has served the local homeless community for one year. The community is part of a 10-year plan, conceived in 2005, to end homelessness.
As SB 186 goes into effect Wednesday, Gainesville brewers are preparing to celebrate. Breweries expect the 64-ounce growlers to attract people from outside the state that will come and patronize Florida’s growing craft beer industry.
The downtown Gainesville clock has stopped working. The city does not yet know the extent of the problem, but is looking into how long it will take to fix.