WUFT News

Guardian ad litem program advocates can now transport children

By on July 10th, 2012

The Guardian ad litem program’s trained volunteer advocates are now eligible to transport the abused and neglected children they serve through Florida’s foster care system. Circuit Dirctor for the eigth judicial circuit Guardian ad Litem Paul Crawford says the transportation policy allows children to experience normal every day activities that they would otherwise miss out on. 

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Crawford adds that the volunteers do everday normal activities with the children, which promotes a stronger relationship between the pair. 

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Crawford explains that the volunteers are each only responsible for a small number of children. 

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Overall, Crawford believes that the transportation program improves the important relationship between the volunteers and children. 

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Guardian ad Litem  has a local office in all 67 florida counties, including Alachua and Levy, and is still trying to represent all 10,000 abused and neglected children currently without a volunteer. Those interested in becoming a volunteer can visit  www.guardianadlitem.com.

 


This entry was posted in Crime, Florida and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
 

More Stories in Crime

Ocala Double Homicide Suspect Dies in Local Hospital

The suspect in a double homicide has died last night, Tuesday. Ricardo De Jesus Barrera was suspected to have shot and killed Bonnie and Julia Motto.


Marion County Teenager Arrested After Shooting Two Men

A Marion County teenager was arrested Thursday in connection with last week’s shooting of two 18-year-old men.


harris_preview

Accusation Dropped in Treon Harris Battery Case; Harris Reinstated

The woman who has accused Florida freshman quarterback Treon Harris of sexual battery has withdrawn her charge. Harris has been allowed to return to all University and University Athletic Association activities, according to statements from the University of Florida and […]


Treon Harris’s Attorney Releases Statement Regarding Sexual Battery Accusations

UPDATE, 4:10 p.m.: Johnson & Osteryoung, P.A. released a statement Thursday in response to an 18-page redacted statement released by the University of Florida the day before. Treon Harris’ attorney Huntley Johnson said he found the University’s statement was leading to […]


UF Releases Preliminary Report on the Harris Battery Accusation

The University of Florida released an 18-page redacted incident report this afternoon on the accusations of sexual battery reported earlier this week by Florida freshman quarterback Treon Harris.


Thank you for your support

WUFT depends on the support of our community — people like you — to help us continue to provide quality programming to North Central Florida.
Become a Sustainer
I want to support FM 89.1/NPR
I want to support Florida's 5/PBS
Donate a Vehicle
Day Sponsorship Payments
Underwriting Payments