Road & Bridge Closures Update: 1 p.m. June 28, 2012
Lake City – The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is providing an update on road and bridge closures in Northeast Florida due to Tropical Storm Debby.
Baker and Columbia County
- I-10 east of I-75 (Exit 296) to US 90 (Exit 324) has been reopened to all eastbound and westbound traffic as of 11 a.m. today. Use caution in the area as the water is up to edge of the travel lanes in places and debris may float out of the woods alongside the roadway.
- SR 121 at the Georgia line is closed because of Georgia bridge closure.
- SR 18 east of Worthington Springs to Brooker is closed.
- SR 47 at Mill Road is closed.
- SR 247 north of CR 240 is closed.
- US 41 south of Lake City from CR 252 north for about one mile is closed.
- US 441 at US 41 split in Lake City (in front of Columbia High School) is closed.
- US 441 North at the Deep Creek Bridge is closed.
- US 441 south of Lake City at the Rose Creek Bridge is partially closed
- US 301 at Bryceville about four miles north of Baldwin (US 90) is closed at Brandy Branch Bridge. Bridge washout. Tentative reopening in early July. Traffic is detoured to US 90 and County Roads 119 and 121 which is a 13-mile long detour.
- US 90 in downtown Live Oak, east of US 129 in front of Wes Haney Chevrolet, just north of Pinewood Street, five miles west of Live Oak is closed.
- US 129 in downtown Live Oak, north of CR 136, also north of O’Brien, south of CR 252 and just south of the landfill is closed. Partial closure at McMillan Dairy and 2.5 miles south of McAlpin.
If the road ahead is flooded, turn around and find an alternate route. Flooded roads may hide the fact that the roadway is washed out underneath and as little as six inches of rushing water can force your car off the road.
For the latest closures and updates, use www.FL511.com or follow the Florida Department of Transportation District Two on Twitter at @MyFDOT_NEFL.