OCALA, Fla. (June 26, 2012) – A number of city streets remained closed this morning, but crews will continue to evaluate them throughout the day.
As of 8 a.m. this morning, the following streets were closed:
- NE 39th Avenue, north of Bonnie Heath Boulevard.
- Heritage Hills: NE 4th Street at NE 18th Avenue, NE 4th Street at NE 17th Avenue and NE 3rd Street at 18th Avenue
- NE 18th Avenue between 9th and 10th Streets
- Watula Avenue between NE 5th Street and NE 9th Street
- SE 12th Street at 3rd Avenue
- SW 6th Street between 17th Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
- NE 40th Avenue on the North side of SR 40
- SW 34th Avenue and SW 31st Road
- NW 3rd Avenue at 2100 block (Tom’s Park)
In the meantime, pumping operations continued through the night at various retention areas in order to lower water levels as much as possible in preparation for heavy rain that has been forecast for the next couple of days.