Home / Environment / University researchers say seafood safe 2 years after BP oil spill in the Gulf

University researchers say seafood safe 2 years after BP oil spill in the Gulf

By

Two-years after the Deep Water Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, how safe is seafood from the Gulf of Mexico? Florida’s 89.1, WUFT-FM’s Chip Skambis spoke with University of Florida Food Science Professor and Seafood Safety Specialist Steve Otwell about what analysts now know about the fish harvested from that area.

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

University of South Florida Marine Science Professor Steven Murawski has also conducted research on the fish in the Gulf of Mexico since the BP oil spill.  He spoke with Florida’s 89.1, WUFT-FM’s Caitlin Lawrence.

About Chip Skambis

Check Also

Gabby Salazar shoots from the plane en route to an expedition through Alaska's Katmai National Park and Preserve. (Jennifer Adler/WUFT News)

Q & A With Gabby Salazar, Conservation Photographer

The youngest director of the North American Nature Photography Association tells what it is like to be a woman in the male-dominated field.